Tuesday, May 17, 2011

View From The Afternoon

I have a confession to make... I borrowed the title for my new blog.  However, I borrowed it from a song off of one of my favorite albums of all time.  "The View From The Afternoon" the first track off of the Arctic Monkeys' debut album Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (which happens to be my favorite album of all time).  The song is about the intense anticipation you feel about the night you hope to have, the night you could only dream of having, and the night you will always remember (or completely forget).  But I won't limit this site to a collection of posts about anticipation and hope.  After all, a good post analysis is always needed every now and then.

As a media studies major, the media is always something that grabs my attention and deservedly so.  The media can be one of the most fascinating, quickly evolving, influential beasts on the planet.  It needs analysis. It should embrace harsh criticism. And it most certainly merit's praise when it produces something spectacular.  And when I say media, anything is fair game: entertainment, news, sports, social media, etc.

But at the end of the day, when the last out is recorded, and when the keg has finally been kicked, this is a personal site. It is a blog after all.  It should be a online representation of the way I view the world, not just a regurgitation of popular news stories.  I just hope to keep it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment